Anne Bishop, P. O. Box 313, Gainesville, GA 30503 (770) 783-5296

A. Bishop Law, LLC

Georgia Probate & Recorders Court: Speeding Ticket & Traffic Ticket Court Appearance

Gainesville GA lawyer explains what happens in Recorder's Court and/or Probate Court for a traffic violation or speeding ticket.


View More Criminal Defense Articles

When someone has received a Georgia speeding ticket or another minor violation, it tells that person to appear in Probate or Recorder’s Court.  Generally speaking, if it is in a very busy area of the state, they have a State and Superior Court.  So they will have a separate Recorder’s Court.  Or, it will be in a rural area of the state.  Where the Probate Judge, who deals with Wills and Estates, will be in charge of the traffic tickets and other minor violations as well.

It is important to realize that these courts do deal with criminal tickets.  Whether someone is in Recorder’s Court or Probate Court, and that person has a criminal matter, it is very important to have a lawyer.


At A. Bishop Law, our Georgia Traffic Ticket Attorney welcomes questions about speeding tickets and traffic violations. Please Call or Email us with any questions.

About the attorney:  Anne Bishop is a Georgia Lawyer with A. Bishop Law in Gainesville, Georgia and handles various DUI / DWIMarijuana Arrests and other Georgia Criminal Defense matters.  The law office of A. Bishop Law can assist clients throughout Georgia including: Hall County (Gainesville, OakwoodFlowery Branch), Jackson County  (Jefferson, Braselton) White County (Helen, Cleveland), Lumpkin County (Dahlonega), Dawson County (Dawsonville), Habersham County (Demorest, Cornelia), and all of Northeast Georgia.

This article and/or video should not be considered nor relied upon as legal advice since it is only intended for general overview and informational purposes. Please consult with an attorney on your specific situation in order to determine an appropriate legal course of action.

Anne Bishop
A. Bishop Law, LLC
Attorney at Law
539 Green Street NW
Phone: (770) 783-5296